Actega Kelstar joins Electron Beam (EB) packaging Seminar
ACTEGA Kelstar, a leading manufacturer of Specialty Coatings & Chemicals for the Graphic Arts and one of the largest suppliers of coatings in North America, has agreed to provide insight at the upcoming EB Benefits in Packaging series of seminars that begin this fall.
Targeting flexible packaging producers, label printers, folding carton converters and brand owners, this one-day event will provide an overview of EB technology and the impact it is having on the printing, packaging, and converting industries. The event will cover the financial, sustainability and safety ramifications of using electron beam (EB) technology, including examples how today’s packagers, materials developers and press manufacturers are adopting their business models to accommodate EB use.
Albert Lin, Ph.D., Technical Director ACTEGA Kelstar, will lead a session on food packaging safety and the ever-changing, strengthening regulations around the globe. Citing the stringent demands that have emerged from food companies like Nestlé to restrict the materials used in their packages, Albert will discuss the key factors that are shaping the packaging of tomorrow, as well as the challenges facing the radiation curing chemistry and EB specifically when developing and implementing food packaging innovations.
This seminar, hosted by BroadBeamTM EB system manufacturer PCT Engineered Systems, will feature a number of industry leaders presenting insight on a variety of EB-related package printing topics, including:
- Recent EB Innovations That Are Changing Package Converting
- Food Safety Regulations and Principles Applicable to the Packaging Industry
- Sustainability Benefits of EB Curing in Food Packaging
- EB Printing Press Design Considerations
- Ink Manufacturers Perspective on Using EB Inks, and
- Putting It All Together: One BroadBeam Customer’s Case Study Implementing EB
This seminar will be offered regionally, in:
- Milwaukee, September 16, 2014: Aloft, 1230 N Old World 3rd St, Milwaukee, WI 53212, (414) 226-0122
- Atlanta, November 11, 2014: Wyndham Buckhead, 3600 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305, (404) 869-1100
- Newark, January 13, 2015: Liberty International Airport Marriott, 1 Hotel Rd, Newark, NJ 07114, (973) 623-0006
The cost to participate is $295 per person for reservations made before August 15, 2014 ($395 after this date). This fee includes all seminar and presentation materials, lunch, and an on-site networking reception following the seminar. Please contact PCT at to make a reservation, get more event details, or to register to receive more EB Benefits in Packaging information as it becomes available.
ACTEGA Kelstar manufactures a comprehensive line of UV & EB energy curable coatings with a variety of viscosities, cure packages and flexibility for printers and trade coaters. Additional information about ACTEGA Kelstar can be found at www.actega.com/kelstar .